Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ode to my mother (Warning: super sappy posting to follow!)




H

Our fantastical mother!


With Mother's Day coming up this weekend, it makes me think about our own mother. On top of the everyday questions, crisis's, dilemmas and help we are asking for (that phone gets plenty of use!) she also manages to make sure every event is special and memorable. 
Our Family

A recent example would be this last Easter. Our mom planned a full weekend menu which included options for one nearly vegan sister and one very not vegan son-in-law.
YUM
She had everything ready for an Easter egg decorating contest and Easter egg hunt.
Clearly some are better artists than others

And if that wasn't enough, she had put together Easter baskets for all of us which included nut-free candy (L is allergic), personalized necklaces for the girls, and outfits for the boys. 
My necklace

So with Mother's Day around the corner; I just want to say a sappy thank you for always taking our phone calls-always being a shoulder to cry on-always being there to plan our birthdays, graduations, weddings, baby showers, baptisms and all the other thoughtful, wonderful, thankless things you do--if I become half the mother you have been I will consider myself a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment