Friday, November 21, 2014

Where are they now? My kids...


 

Do you ever see those cute little monthly updates that other moms do with their children? 

John
10 months, 1 hour, 54 minutes
Fun fact: Crawling everywhere!
Favorite food:  Bananas
Favorite activity: Reading books

I am in awe that people can be that put together! When L was a baby I tried to take a picture on his monthly birthday. Just any old picture not even with a cute sign or shirt—just on that day.  I failed about month 2 and his 5 month and 6 month pictures are about 3 days apart. With B I didn’t even try. #2ndchildproblems Sorry kids! You will not know how you grew in perfect one month increments.  Who am I kidding, your photo books probably won’t even be in the right order.

However, I have been thinking of some pretty creative (and true) statements I could say about these little men that will probably horrify them at their graduation; which, lets be honest, is basically the whole reason you take photos (or is that just me?).

 

B
8(ish) months old
Fun Fact: Loves to be growled at. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found myself saying, “L, go roar at your brother so he stops crying”.
Favorite food: Monkey
Favorite activity: Gnawing

 

Gnawing on his monkey--he's in heaven!
 
 
L
22(ish) months old
Fun Fact: Loves deodorant. We find him hiding all over the house putting it on his hair and once I caught him biting it—don’t worry I'm still using the stick with the bite marks.
Favorite food: Deodorant (see above)
Favorite activity: Stuffing toilet paper down my legs while I’m trying to pee.
 
Yum!

 

There may be another update like this in a month, maybe six, maybe never. So L may never know when Deodorant stops being his favorite food.... I just hope we aren't serving it at his graduation party.

Next week: let's organize something!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are so funny! Hey I was one of those moms with the monthly pics and blog updates haha..I dont do them anymore though. im sure #2 will not get all those though hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete