Friday, April 11, 2014

Welcome to 4IowaSisters


Welcome to 4IowaSisters





This blog is about the tales, tribulations, and life lessons of a typical (or not so typical) Iowa family as told by four sisters. We thought this would be a fun way to put a witty twist on keeping up with each others lives and some tips, recipes, and lessons we’ve learned on the way.


ABOUT US:

A, J, H, D


H:

Hi I’m H! I’m the oldest of this motley crew and as a ‘typical’ oldest sibling find myself acting as the glue and motivator to the rest--or at least they let me think I am. I am happily married to Mr. M for 3 years and we just recently started a family with a son (L) born last January and another son (Baby M for now--still waiting on a nickname!) born last week. Mr. M and I are blundering along with this parenting thing making every mistake in the book, my favorite saying has become ‘this is why they don’t remember anything until they are 3’. I have no plans to pen a best-selling parenting book-so if you are looking for legit baby advice you are in the wrong place. If you want to to hear how the best of intentions go right out the window, you forget where you keep the vacuum, and how to get somewhere only 10 minutes late then read on! My interests (spoiler alert! This is what I’ll be blogging about the most) include: spending time with family, traveling, winning at games, mild exercise, reading, and finding the cheapest, easiest meal preparations I can. My goals are to keep my husband from eating pizza for every meal (harder than it sounds), raising a happy silly family, and trying to find ways to work off my cheese and sweets habit.
 

Christmas 2013


L's first birthday


L and Baby M

1 comment:

  1. Baby #2 should have been named "Blowfish" so you could have had Hootie and the Blowfish

    ReplyDelete